Nanton Thelma Fanning Library
Information Night at the Library
Thurs. February 26th
This month’s topic: SUGAR: Understanding what it is and what it does to your body.
Bev Alam, Nutritional Therapy Consultant, will discuss the various forms of sugar,
• how it is disguised by using different names
• how our bodies process sugar
• the effects of excess Carb consumption and what we can do about it
• a brief history of processed sugar and how it became a big part of our diet
• diabetes and its effects on the body
Second Topic: STARTING SEEDLINGS FOR YOUR GARDEN
Doreen Anderson, Garden Enthusiast, will demonstrate how to start plants at home and will provide tips for growing those seedlings so they are ready for spring planting.
• what type of soil should be used
• light – how much, types of lighting, what is available
• time-line for starting specific seedlings