The Town of Nanton is seeking a self-motivated individual to join the Parks and Recreation department for the spring/summer season (April – October 2022). This person will report to the Supervisor of Parks &
Facilities and will generally assist in the maintenance and upkeep of green spaces, roads, sidewalks, and the cemetery. Assistance in the maintenance of the recreation center and other duties assigned by the Supervisor may also be included in the scope of this employment. The Town is looking for an individual with the following skills and abilities:
- The ability to operate various pieces of equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude and basic equipment maintenance and repair skills.
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Effective interpersonal skills in dealing with other staff members, public, businesses and officials in other organizations under all types of conditions while maintaining a positive and supportive approach.
- Conscientious and willing to use initiative in performing duties beyond those specifically assigned.
- Must have a safe work attitude and habits.
- Maintenance of confidentiality at all times.
- Occasional weekend work may be required.
- Must have valid driver license, class 5 minimum.
This is a seasonal position, recognized under the agreement between the Town of Nanton and the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 37. The rate of pay is $19.29/hour and based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday, 7:30 to 4:30 with an hour for lunch. The position has the potential to carry over into the winter on a part-time basis in the ice arena but is not a guarantee.
Resumés may be delivered to the town office, care of, Clayton Gillespie, Corporate Services Manager, mailed to P.O. Box 609, Nanton, Alberta T0L 1R0, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Town thanks all interested applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The competition will remain open until April 14, 2022, at 4:00 pm or until a suitable candidate is found.