The Town of Nanton is seeking a full time Public Services Manager to manage the Public Services Department.
Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Public Services Manager is responsible for common services including roads and associated infrastructure; utility services including water acquisition, treatment ,and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment; maintenance of parks and green spaces; administers contracts for construction and maintenance in these areas of responsibility; supervises subordinate staff; and provides support and assistance to the CAO and Town Council in matters relating to Public Services. The Manager assists in the preparation and implementation of the Public Services annual budget and long range financial plan.
• A minimum of five (5) years of directly related experience in progressively more responsible positions within a municipal setting is required.
• Class 3 Operator License with air endorsement
• Intermediate Computer Skills
• Additional training in human resource management, infrastructure management, and/or general administration would be an asset
• Possession of a valid Level 2 Water & Wastewater certification in all 4 disciplines would be an asset
Submit written application to CAO, Town of Nanton, Box 609, Nanton, AB T0L 1R0, or by email to email@example.com, on or before October 9, 2015.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.