2021 General Municipal Elections
|Unofficial Results||Total number of registered voters: 806|
Mayor - 1 to be elected
6 to be elected
|October 20th Recount|
|Bustard, Amanda Rae||334||333|
Unfortunately, there will not be any advance polling. Election Day is October 18th, 2021.
- Canadian or provincial government-issued identification
- Proof of civic address (eg. utility bill, tax bill, etc.)
Important Dates for the Town of Nanton election process:
|Nomination Day Deadline||Sept 20, 2021 by 12 noon|
|Election Day||October 18, 2021|
Under the revised Local Authorities Election Act (LAEA) of Alberta, persons may submit their nomination papers from January 1, 2021, up to Nomination Day.
It is important for candidates and voters to be aware that there will be no Advance Vote for this election and that Special Ballots (mail-in voting) are not available.
Town of Nanton Positions Available for Nomination
- Office of the Chief Elected Official (Mayor) - One (1) Vacancy
- Offices for Councillors – Six (6) Vacancies.
- Official List of Nominees for 2021 Nanton Municipal Election
Interested in running as a candidate? Review these information guides:
- A Candidate's Guide: Running for Municipal Office in Alberta
- For General Municipal Election information specific to Nanton, refer to Nanton Votes
The nomination form is available to download here:
NOTE - these cannot usually be viewed in your browser's system viewer. You must download the form first.
Link for all other forms related to the election process here.
Full details of the Local Authorities Election Act can be viewed on the Alberta.ca website > search for municipal elections.
Contact Shellah Petersen (email@example.com) the Returning Officer, for further details.
Or the Chief Administrative Officer, Neil Smith.
The Town of Nanton does not currently require a deposit to accompany a nomination. Regulations are in place for reporting campaign contributions once the person officially becomes a candidate.
The Local Jurisdiction Office is the Town of Nanton Administrative Office at:
1907 – 21 Avenue, Nanton, Alberta.