When Can I Water?
Water Conservation Rules are as Follows:
Odd & Even Watering Days:
- Using the last number of your address (odd or even) determines which days you may water your lawn.
- Your address is 1907 21 Ave. The number you look at is the number on the building, not the number of the avenue; which in this case is 1907. 1907 ends in a '7'. Which is an odd number. So you would water on an 'odd' day.
- Your address is 2122 18 St. Again, the number you look at is the number on the building, not the number of the street. 2122 ends in a '2'. Which is an even number. So you would water on an 'even' day.
Water Conservation Watering Schedule:
All outdoor water use, including watering lawns, washing cars, sidewalks, pads, exteriors of buildings, recreational use of sprinklers and like water toys, is permitted, according to the following schedule:
- Numbered addresses may use water for these purposes Thursdays and Sundays
- Numbered addressed may use water for these purposes Wednesdays and Saturdays
- May occur only during the following hours: 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. & 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Flowerbeds and vegetable gardens may be watered by hand, at any time, using a watering can or a hose with a nozzle with a trigger shut off to restrict water flow. Sprinklers and like water toys may be used for recreational purposes by children as long as children are present during use. Children’s pools (capacity not more than 100 litres) may be used.
- Requests for site and condition specific irrigation scheduling for commercial or industrial operations using metered irrigation systems may be approved by the Town of Nanton’s Peace Officer or CAO.