Business Licensing

Required Licenses

Business licenses are required by any individual or group for the purpose of carrying on all or any business, trade, or occupation within the Town of Nanton, including home occupations. Each applicant is required to submit a Business License Application form to the Town Office. Business Licenses include:

- Resident
- Non Resident
- Direct Sales & Door to Door
- Market 

Rates can be found within the current Fees and Rates Bylaw. All Business Licenses are due on or before January 31 each year. Please note that there is a late payment fee of $50.00 for late payments

Home Occupations 

Under the Land Use Bylaw, a home occupation is defined as any occupation, trade, profession, or craft carried on by the occupant as a use secondary to the residential use of the lot, but does not have any exterior evidence of such secondary use. In order to apply for a business license for a home occupation, the first step is to acquire a permit. 

Regional Business License 

The Regional Business License through Alberta Southwest Regional Alliance authorizes the conduct of business in Alberta Southwest partner communities. The current partners are: 

 Crowsnest Pass  Cowley  PIncher Creek
 MD of Pincher Creek MD of Ranchland Cardston County
 Glenwood Hill Spring MD of Willow Creek
 Fort MacLeod Claresholm Stavely

For more information, visit the
 Alberta Southwest website or view the 2017 brochure.