REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Lease & Operation of the Tom Hornecker Recreation Centre
The Town of Nanton is seeking interested entrepreneurs or organizations to submit proposals for the operation of the Tom Hornecker Recreation Centre (THRC) Concession with kitchen.
The THRC has one concession area which serves user groups throughout the year. Attached to the concession is a fully equipped kitchen that accommodates a short order menu and or moderate-sized banquets and catering; freezers, fridges, industrial dishwasher, six prep surfaces, hand washing sink, storage rooms, ice machine, and industrial gas stove c/w hood fan, deep fryer, range, grill, and two ovens.
Proponents may include operation of the Curling Lounge within their proposal; adjusting the proposed monthly rent accordingly.
Site tours of the facility are available by appointment only. Appointments can be made by contacting Leah Leadbeater at (403) 646-2961. Additional information is available by contacting .
The Town reserves the right to refuse any and all proposals at its discretion.
Proposals must be submitted no later than 11a.m. Wednesday, July 25, 2018 to:
- To the Town of Nanton Municipal Office located at 1907 21st Avenue in Nanton, AB. Please submit in a sealed envelope, clearly marked ‘Tom Hornecker Recreation Centre Concession Proposal’
- or emailed proposals to - Subject heading 'Tom Hornecker Recreation Centre Concession Proposal’, proposal attached in MS Word or PDF format
*Proposals received by fax will not be accepted.
As part of each proposal, there is a requirement for the interested groups to provide:
- the proponents ability and willingness to work with the THRC schedule of events in order to ensure that the concession is open to server users of the facility.
- From September 1st to April 1st, the concession will be open a minimum of 4-8:00 p.m Monday to Friday, and 8:00 am to 8:00 p.m. on the weekends. There will be an opportunity to work with the Nanton Curling Club to provide lunch and other meal services.
- From April 1st through August 31st, the concession will open in response to scheduling of significant events such as lacrosse tournaments, swim lessons, and swim meets.
- The operator will have the flexibility to enhance these minimum hours as they wish.
- An expression of interest in operating the Nanton Curling Lounge if desired.
- Proof of Certification of Safe Food Handling training (Pro-serve).
- Ability to provide a current Town of Nanton business license or intention to obtain one.
- An overview of the proponent’s business plan including potential menu, hours of operation, staffing, additional services to be undertaken in the lease space if any, and any other information that will add understanding of and enhancement to the proposal.
- Proposed rent on a monthly basis. If requesting the Curling Lounge, please show the proposed rental of the Curling Lounge space separate of the Concession.
Please note that as this space will be a for profit business it will be subject to Property Taxation.
- The Contract for the THRC Concession will be a one (1) year lease term. The Town of Nanton, after review may grant a renewal for up to two (2) additional years.
- The successful candidate will be required to adhere to all provisions of the Health Act.
- The successful candidate will be required to secure, maintain and pay for a general liability insurance policy with a limit of not less than $2,000,000.00 (two million) dollars inclusive per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage. Additionally, the successful candidate is required to carry their own contents insurance.
- Provide proof of WCB coverage.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly kitchen including hood fan and ventilation. The Lease will include a shared cost for repair of equipment and fixtures.
- The Town of Nanton reserves the right to place and operate coin operated vending machines for soft drinks, juice, chips and other snacks.
- Liquor sales may be made in conjunction with the Curling Rink Lounge with proof of the appropriate liquor licenses and other associated requirements
- Operation of the lounge will require proponents to work with the Nanton Curling Club to ensure consideration of curling events in the space.
|7/11/2018 12:00 AM
|7/25/2018 11:00 AM