As of this summer, the Nanton Pool will be implementing the Lifesaving Society’s guidelines from the WaterSmart® Program for 2018. We will be providing all children 8 years old and under a wristband, identifying that they must either be within arm’s reach of a parent or guardian*, or have their parent or guardian* present on the pool deck depending on age and swimming ability. As a proud affiliate of the Lifesaving Society, we are continuously updating our policies to ensure all patrons stay safe and have fun at our pool!
Summer tips to stay WaterSmart®:
- Check out our swimming lessons, available to anyone aged 6 months to 99 years!
- Always have a buddy, never swim alone
- Wear a lifejacket when boating, fishing, canoeing or kayaking
- Always enter unknown water feet first
- Swim at lifeguard supervised pools and beaches
For more information on the Lifesaving Society’s WaterSmart® Program, visit: www.lifesaving.org
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. See you at the pool!
* Responsible teens over 12 years of age are able to supervise children under 8 years ol